Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

new show "Pirates of the Flats"

Not sure if you guys have seen this new show. It is all about bone fishing and is hosted by Tom Brokaw. If you haven't seen it you should check it out, it is on ESPN2 on Sundays.

Here is a brief description of the show: http://www.midcurrent.com/news/2009/...debuts-su.html

Here is the trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMkL240jRY

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: new show "Pirates of the Flats"

Thanks for the heads up ! I will have to check that out ! But then I would need another Rod ! And of course a different style of Boat ! And a totally new selection of flies ! More Line , Spare spools, Different Tippet? Do they use tippet? Maybe I would need a Leader, Humm ? And of course I would definitely need a plane ticket ! Maybe I better sit this one out ? No, I think I will definitely watch it ! Are bone fish good to eat? Do they have a lot of bones in them ? Why do they call them Bone Fish ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new show "Pirates of the Flats"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Thanks for the heads up ! I will have to check that out ! But then I would need another Rod ! And of course a different style of Boat ! And a totally new selection of flies ! More Line , Spare spools, Different Tippet? Do they use tippet? Maybe I would need a Leader, Humm ? And of course I would definitely need a plane ticket ! Maybe I better sit this one out ? No, I think I will definitely watch it ! Are bone fish good to eat? Do they have a lot of bones in them ? Why do they call them Bone Fish ?
    Easy Rocky......easy.....

I have the show tivo'd, but just haven't watched it yet. I just find it hard to get myself excited about catching bone fish....they are so small.....I know they are supposed to fight great....but they are so small......did I mention that they are so small? Please, somebody change my mind. Now, Tarpon I could get into! Monsters! I can barely get through my freshwater shows on my DVR......have them all set up to record series. I love DVR!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

New Orleans is really on the come up for redfish. You can stay in the French Quarter and party and eat crawfish all night, if you're up for it. Then they come and pick you up at your hotel with the boats and out you go. Absolutely beautiful. Tarpon fantasies have permiated my brain since the first time I saw a picture of Lefty's first Tarpon, ooh eee!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, sat down this morning and watched two episodes of "Pirates of the Flats", pretty good. Seems like the sharks were doing better than the fishermen, lol. Now, flyfishing for some Lemons would be cool too.

Wish they had a fresh water fly fishing show on.....

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Alright, sat down this morning and watched two episodes of "Pirates of the Flats", pretty good. Seems like the sharks were doing better than the fishermen, lol. Now, flyfishing for some Lemons would be cool too.

Wish they had a fresh water fly fishing show on.....

-Rich
    There are several on the Sporsmen Channel and a couple on the Outdoors Channel. One that has caught my attention recently is Angling in America's National Parks. Pretty cool show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    There are several on the Sporsmen Channel and a couple on the Outdoors Channel. One that has caught my attention recently is Angling in America's National Parks. Pretty cool show.
    I don't get those channels w/my cable package

-Rich