Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what Ky and Barkley will fish like after all the rain

Well my plan for this weekend was to hit up some rivers for the White Bass runs that should about to be in full swing but all rivers near me are now out of their banks and chocolate milk and more rain today. I wonder what would be best to try and do on Ky or Barkley lakes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Ky Lake for a few hours Saturday and stuggled. Only caught a small SM and lost a couple of small fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished Barkley yesterday and we fished shallow all day from 10:00am until 3:00 pm. We caught several small bass but nothing over 15 inches on ned rig, tube, and chatter bait. Water was stained but fishable.
    Likes GeoFisher, buickfan70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this on FB a few days ago. I was there thurs, , fri, sat, sun last week.

Fished this weekend on KY and a little on Barkley. Barkley is a mud pit but some northern creeks are clearing.
    Caught fish every day on soft plastics. Tried a whole lot of cranking with a whole not of nothing. Thst changed for us this morning.

At 360 fish are moving back. We caught 9 good fish with 4 solids around buck brush this morning on square bills. Had to leave by 9 30 so only a couple hours.
    Likes buickfan70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I posted this on FB a few days ago. I was there thurs, , fri, sat, sun last week.

Fished this weekend on KY and a little on Barkley. Barkley is a mud pit but some northern creeks are clearing.
    Caught fish every day on soft plastics. Tried a whole lot of cranking with a whole not of nothing. Thst changed for us this morning.

At 360 fish are moving back. We caught 9 good fish with 4 solids around buck brush this morning on square bills. Had to leave by 9 30 so only a couple hours.
    Anyone have any updates they'd like to share about KY and Barkley. I"m headed down this weekend with my wife.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any updates they'd like to share about KY and Barkley. I"m headed down this weekend with my wife.

Later,

Geo
    I caught a 5lb largemouth on a nightcrawler while redear fishing tonight on Barkley. The lake has dropped a bit since Saturday. I wish they would've just left it at summer pool!!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    I caught a 5lb largemouth on a nightcrawler while redear fishing tonight on Barkley. The lake has dropped a bit since Saturday. I wish they would've just left it at summer pool!!
    TVA site says it is at 359, isn't that summer pool ?

Thanks,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the day off Friday and fished Ky Lake and Bass bite were all 12"-13" fish but I did catch 8 ea big Bluegill and 2 ea big channel cats all on lures.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    TVA site says it is at 359, isn't that summer pool ?

Thanks,

Geo
    Wifey and I had a good time. Fished HARD Friday, caught 14, and had a limit of about 15 lbs., but they were HARD to catch.........My wife blanked friday. You had to be quiet, and you had to be able to flip and pitch. IF you could not, they spooked.

We Audibled after about 10am, and went to another area, and we HAMMERED......absolutely HAMMERED the white bass. I kid you not, we caught 50 in about an hour. Probably more than fifty, as I didn't start really counting until 20 minutes in, and I know I caught 10 fish on 10 casts.....

Saturday, was slower, only caught short fish, and only fished about 4-5 hours. Wife did catch a couple Saturday.

They should be ON FIRE right about now.

Also, I missed out on a BEST of a bass. Where it was, it was prob a smallie. Could have been a big drum, but I had zero bite........line jsut moved off to the side, and I was not paying attention. Before I knew it rod loaded up and then it was gone.

Oh well.

later,

Geo
    Likes buickfan70 liked this post