Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Cabelas Store

Just wondering how it's coming along? Anyone see the construction site? Well I just went online and found its scheduled to open in Spring of 2013.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just fine. Will be a mile or so from the house. When you come in to check it out stop by the house to "rehydrate" from all that hard shoppin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Just wondering how it's coming along? Anyone see the construction site? Well I just went online and found its scheduled to open in Spring of 2013.
    I sure hope they meet the deadline. That could cause some excitement in time for Spring fishing. Something like that could cause a man to wear out his debit card. lol

Not trying to spoil you thread but do want to send you "concept" plans for the Heritage Point Towne Center, Kingsport, TN. I have had copies of this for two years and have recently found it on the internet. A friend whose son is an architect, not working on them, sent them to us. I heard that Cabela's was building a huge store in this area next to the Boat store. The Kingsport Towne Center was scheduled for the first phase to open in 2013 but I haven't heard anything about it recently. On these plans there is a note in extremely small print at the bottom of the plans that says something to the effect that the plans were subject to change without notice (dated 2012). They are soliciting new business and that would cause additional changes.

I was Christmas shopping last year on a 'girls day/night out' and we passed a place on the Mobile Bay that looked exactly like these plans. Right on the front of the center was a huge Cabela's Store with a fishing lake out front. The place was beautiful with all the night lights reflecting off the water.

I have never been to a Cabela's store but have heard that they always build beautiful stores in the most attractive places.

http://www.heritagekingsport.com/site-plans

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Just fine. Will be a mile or so from the house. When you come in to check it out stop by the house to "rehydrate" from all that hard shoppin'.
    Where is the construction site??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I sure hope they meet the deadline. That could cause some excitement in time for Spring fishing. Something like that could cause a man to wear out his debit card. lol

Not trying to spoil you thread but do want to send you "concept" plans for the Heritage Point Towne Center, Kingsport, TN. I have had copies of this for two years and have recently found it on the internet. A friend whose son is an architect, not working on them, sent them to us. I heard that Cabela's was building a huge store in this area next to the Boat store. The Kingsport Towne Center was scheduled for the first phase to open in 2013 but I haven't heard anything about it recently. On these plans there is a note in extremely small print at the bottom of the plans that says something to the effect that the plans were subject to change without notice (dated 2012). They are soliciting new business and that would cause additional changes.

I was Christmas shopping last year on a 'girls day/night out' and we passed a place on the Mobile Bay that looked exactly like these plans. Right on the front of the center was a huge Cabela's Store with a fishing lake out front. The place was beautiful with all the night lights reflecting off the water.

I have never been to a Cabela's store but have heard that they always build beautiful stores in the most attractive places.

Wow that place looks amazing. That part of Tennessee is beautiful and like they mentioned with the lakes and Bristol track it's really going to be an attraction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good man! I would be spoiled living that close to a Cabelas!!! Maybe a little bit broke at times??

Post Thanks / Like
    George the site is at HWY 22 and the Snyder or accross from Costco.

Post Thanks / Like
    George the site is at HWY 22 and the Snyder or accross from Costco.
    Perfect, my DR office is right over there........when I'm done shopping there the first time and my wife beats the living TAR out of me, I can go see my doc to have my ribs taped, and my broken arms set.

Perfect.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Perfect, my DR office is right over there........when I'm done shopping there the first time and my wife beats the living TAR out of me, I can go see my doc to have my ribs taped, and my broken arms set.

Perfect.

Later,

Geo
    you should take josh...you both fish about as much

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
    you should take josh...you both fish about as much
    I'm going to start hitting it really hard when I get back from my Summer Canada trip and my Labor Day Salmon trip.

Going to add 2 trips in september, 3 in october, 3 in november, and if I can switch my oncall in December for August, I'm going to fish every weekend in December.

So I think I will get caught up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post

Wish it was going to be open this September, The Southeastern Outdoor Press Association conference is in Johnson City in Septemeber so I will be spending most of a week in the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan I gotta find out where you live. We can go Tpo Cabelas and blow our paychecks one day and get in trouble with our wives.