Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

90% of Herrington fish sampled show selenium poisoning?

"Nine out of 10 fish tissue samples taken last spring in Herrington Lake exceeded Kentucky’s fish tissue selenium criteria. LG&E and KU were cited for the violation last month and quickly reached an agreement with the state to pay $25,000 in civil penalties and take corrective measures."

https://wfpl.org/as-state-loosens-ov...ucky-waterway/
    Likes Wormin, slamson71, EDA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    "Nine out of 10 fish tissue samples taken last spring in Herrington Lake exceeded Kentucky’s fish tissue selenium criteria. LG&E and KU were cited for the violation last month and quickly reached an agreement with the state to pay $25,000 in civil penalties and take corrective measures."

Danville intake pipes for water is just around the corner, think I will start buying bottle water. Let's worrie about the fish but not the people who drink it or bath in it.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post

I really hate that such a hefty fine, was placed on the two companies for polluting the water supply, 25,000.00 man the state sure was trying to get their attention, surely they didn't mean to ignore the clean water regulations, it's just so hard for the companies to get the job done, with all the
    clean air and drinking water rules and regulations Obama has placed in their way, but it looks like Trump will fix it..

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-enviro...pa-regulations

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure where the numbers are now, but at one time herrington ranked right at the top for pounds of fish per surface acre, thats been a while back so who knows now.
    But i can tell you there is no way i would EVER eat a fish out of that lake, if anybody does choose to eat them that is their decision so go for it. But even in the 80s we would catch LM and hybrids that were covered in sores and different types of fungus, nasty looking.
    But again you just cant argue with the overwhelming fish/forage populations in Herrington.
    Ive got one glaring question about the fines imposed on the electric companies....where does that money go and how is it used, and more importantly who is responsible for the oversight of using this money to correct the condition of the fish/water. i have very little faith in the right thing being done when big business is fined for anything, the money just disappears
    Likes jcb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    too much of this stuff can cause hair loss, nail loss and nerve damage......google it

Post Thanks / Like
    I call that lake the dead sea because i dont do worth a **** there anyways lol. Hope something is actually done and not just forgotten about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I really hate that such a hefty fine, was placed on the two companies for polluting the water supply, 25,000.00 man the state sure was trying to get their attention, surely they didn't mean to ignore the clean water regulations, it's just so hard for the companies to get the job done, with all the
    clean air and drinking water rules and regulations Obama has placed in their way, but it looks like Trump will fix it..

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-enviro...pa-regulations
    Well the CURRENT regulations sure helped, didn't they?

25 thousand.........GET REAL......it should have been 25 million...........

but don't try to blame trump and his current plans for eliminating the EPA. The CURRENT EPA didn't do crap to protect this waterway.
    Likes jcb, slamson71, BKGOOCH liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldnt matter if someone posted they caught bluegill in a farm pond....it would somehow turn into a political war complete with name calling and disrespect and whatever.
    This is exhausting. Im done for good. Best of luck to all, tight lines. Hope to see you all on the water someday.
    Likes kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    It wouldnt matter if someone posted they caught bluegill in a farm pond....it would somehow turn into a political war complete with name calling and disrespect and whatever.
    This is exhausting. Im done for good. Best of luck to all, tight lines. Hope to see you all on the water someday.
    Unfortunately this is very political and it can/will impact people who stay on top of this in regards to eating the fish. Some won't care/uninformed and will eat the fish regardless. I always lean toward not eating fish from any lake in this state. I have had a meal or two through the years at fish frys of crappie, catfish or walleye but it's not a plan of mine to catch fish to eat. To each his own!
    Likes waterdog101, GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Danville intake pipes for water is just around the corner, think I will start buying bottle water. Let's worrie about the fish but not the people who drink it or bath in it.
    I have no idea where Danville's water intake is. Of course human concerns outweigh fish's concerns.
    Likes GeoFisher, slamson71 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

enough already

Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    I agree it is so bad, everyone needs to calm down. I cant watch TV anymore with all the political crap from both sides.
    Members can't you please save the political crap for a different forums location. I come here to read reports and lake info., not this juvenile slamming of each others parties .
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Well the CURRENT regulations sure helped, didn't they?

25 thousand.........GET REAL......it should have been 25 million...........

but don't try to blame trump and his current plans for eliminating the EPA. The CURRENT EPA didn't do crap to protect this waterway.
    25k was just a slap on the wrist, anyone should know that, my post was sarcasm toward our state, big companies will bypass any regulations that hurt their bottom line, even if it harm every person in this country, can you imagine how much worse it will be, when the regulations are removed or relaxed.