Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk rods

Post Thanks / Like

Let's talk rods

Thinking about getting a new jig and worm rod. My current worm rods are Kistler, Loomis and Falcon's. I want a split grip with regular guides. Kistler doesn't have what I want. Loomis has what I want but the handls is too long. I love the Cara but it also doesn't come with the lenght I want. Does anyone know of a quality worm rod in this class I might check out? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's talk rods

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Thinking about getting a new jig and worm rod. My current worm rods are Kistler, Loomis and Falcon's. I want a split grip with regular guides. Kistler doesn't have what I want. Loomis has what I want but the handls is too long. I love the Cara but it also doesn't come with the lenght I want. Does anyone know of a quality worm rod in this class I might check out? thanks
    Try length fat fingers.

Post Thanks / Like

not for sure if you are talking about switching brands completely or just models. i really like the falcon bucoo i have. definitely cant beat it for the price and sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw an interview with Rick Clun on The Bass Pro's show a couple of years ago about Rods. He had about 8 rods laying on the deck and said they were all MH action with fast tip and all the same length. The only difference was the line in each one. Said that even the Best fishermen in the world can't pick up rods with different action, different length and such and hit the exact target on the very first cast. When you are casting for cash it is vital to hit the target everytime every cast especially the first cast. He said it may take a couple of cast to get dialed in with a different rod but if you are close to the target instead of on the target the first couple of cast while getting used to the action then you have scared the fish off. Made since to me. I have 2 G Loomis Bronzback Cranking Series with old style Curado's, 2 GL2's with Chronarchs and 2 BPS IM8's with Quantum Accurist. No they are not all identical but basically I have 3 rods with identical twins. I fish similar baits on each set and love it

My point is, try and get a rod similar or exact to one that you fish texas rigs or jigs with now so to be able to pick up knew rod and hit the target the first time

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should clearify what information I'm looking for. I would like for someone to give me names of other brands of rods that are light and sensitive like the Kistlers and Loomis rods I have. These companies do not make what I am looking for so tell me what brand of rods you believe to be great drop bait rods.

Post Thanks / Like

They're having a blowout on Shimano Cumaras right now....Can't beat them at all for the money they're being sold for...I'd suggest the 7'2MH F or XF for throwing jigs and worms....I have almost all Cumaras and love them...I've used nearly all brands with the exception of Loomis, and I'm yet to feel anything better...The new Crucials are very similiar and feel nice to, but for the money I'd go with the Cumara....Not to mention you can't beat their over the counter warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your price range, you should look at Shimano's Crucial or Cumara rods. If you are looking for something cheaper than those, you should check out the BPS Carbonlite rods.

Post Thanks / Like

One word - Veritas.

Post Thanks / Like

You may well be more confused by the time you pull the trigger. I am very happy with my BPS Carbonlite MH with XF tip for worm fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I too fish with Loomis and I love my Mosseyback for jigs and worms etc. If you are looking for a split handle rod check out the temple fork outfitters line. these were designed by Gary Loomis and have his name on the rod.
    I checked them out at Bass Pro Shops in Nashville and they feel awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Maybe I should clearify what information I'm looking for. I would like for someone to give me names of other brands of rods that are light and sensitive like the Kistlers and Loomis rods I have. These companies do not make what I am looking for so tell me what brand of rods you believe to be great drop bait rods.

B&R Outlaw rods

http://www.broutlawrods.com/catalog.html

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for Cumara....Just used the Cumara warranty and it was nice. If you like Loomis and if thats hour price range then it sounds like the Cumara is for you. I always consider warranty and availability when choosing a new rod.