Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    bigwormy where do you stay when you are at St. Claire?

Hope you have a great trip.
    Most stay at the red roof in Roseville, Mi. It is always packed. Some stay at the Baymont or micro tel. None really have parking/charging. Always a mess compared to Ky/Barkley.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is actually my first trip up there. My brothers best friend been going a couple years so we're all going this year. We are staying in a house on Harsons island. I can't wait. Leaving next Monday night for the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwormy View Post
    This is actually my first trip up there. My brothers best friend been going a couple years so we're all going this year. We are staying in a house on Harsons island. I can't wait. Leaving next Monday night for the week.
    I hope you have a great trip

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you have a great trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    Most stay at the red roof in Roseville, Mi. It is always packed. Some stay at the Baymont or micro tel. None really have parking/charging. Always a mess compared to Ky/Barkley.
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! It looks promising with the stable weather moving in. Less than a week away 😋

Post Thanks / Like

Be Careful

Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    My dad and I have been going up to St. Clair for several years now and we have stayed at the Baymont Inn multiple times. However, when we stayed there this past summer, there were drug deals going down right next to our boat in the back parking lot, there was a fight in the breakfast area at 6:30 am (which was fun to watch), and somehow they ran out of towels...as in, they didn't have any towels in our room or any to give us at the front desk when I asked for them. Needless to say, we won't be going back to Baymont Inn. The Microtel right next-door is nice as it is the red roof Inn. We will be staying at the holiday in express right down the street this year. Another place to keep in mind if you take a few people with you, is a place called anglers point marina. It's a very nice place to stay that is gated and well protected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone that's been give me tips for what canals to try if the wind gets up or smallies are being stingy? Also, any pointers or tips for the smallies? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake is still rising. I understand they'll be pulling the plug this weekend. Redears started to really turn on this afternoon in Blood River. Bass up in bushes and off the points chasing Shad. Gills being caught pretty much everywhere and especially when you find their nest, at least for me. Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone that's been give me tips for what canals to try if the wind gets up or smallies are being stingy? Also, any pointers or tips for the smallies? Thanks
    The only canal im aware of is just south of both the dams.The canal connects the 2 lakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look on internet at stclairreport.com He does videos and teaches classes. Also justin clark on youtube owns the big tackle store up there by metro beach. He does weekly video fishing reports.
    Likes roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I been watching him. Gives great reports! Man it really looks like we will hit it perfect. Just like to get a few good smallies!