Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    Well, Chickamauga didn't give up any big ones for me but it didn't really disappoint either. I fished mostly Sale Creek and some in Dallas Bay (C. Frost Park). didn't do a bit of good in Dallas Bay, but I saw some fish shallow in the back. Sale Creek was a neat creek, especially in the back of it, wild channel swings. caught some fish on topwater, when the wind picked up the spinnerbait was good. The best bite however was on a basic shakyhead, 1/4oz round ball greenpumpkin worm, tail dipped in chartreuse on channel banks where the channel made a bend near shoreline cover (laydowns/stumps). I dodged storms most of the time down there and boat traffic was fairly heavy. Everyone down there was complaining about boat traffic but I'm used to Cedar Creek so I didn't find it to be too bad. Some fish were on the nest but it appeared most were done with a lot of males guarding shallow. water temps were low 70's, lake was rising and fast with all the rain. it will probably muddy up this week with all they got. Some fish are starting to show up on the ledges too but the better bite was still back into the creeks on laydowns and channel banks. on Saturday I caught over 20 fish but a lot of small ones, best was a little over 4#. Thanks to everyone on here for the assistance. It was my first time to Chick and I WILL be back, I'd love to hit it in February when the A-Rig is on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got around to posting the pics on my profile for those who've asked to see pics.

Attached are two pics of my personal best, 12lb 8oz! 26" long, 21.5" girth!

The rest of the pics are in my profile album.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ520 View Post
    Yes sir! Caught my pb from there, a 12lb 8oz gorilla! Had two over 9lb and two over 8lb same trip, I'll never forget it! Had 34lb 8oz one day and 35lb another day, both of those sacks did NOT include the 12lb 8oz, caught her on the last day of the trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12lb 8oz pb Chick.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	15423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chick pb 12lb 8oz.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	15424  
    Likes GeoFisher, jcb, vausoner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RangerZ520;561673]I normally don't chime in...LOL. Nah, I'm still going to chase the smallies at Dale! Been going to Dale since 1999, something about that lake, love it. Z520, JUST LIKE YA, BEEN FISHING DALE FOR YEARS AND SAD TO SAY IT IS NOT THE LAKE IT USED TO BE FOR SMALLIES BUT JUST SOMETHING ABOUT DALE AND YOU CAN`T HELP BUT LOVE IT. BEST OF LUCK!

You are right though, I am spoiled now! Catching 5lb and 6lb bass here in KY just won't cut it anymore! I'm going to be spending a lot more time on Chick dialing it in more...

Now I got to wait a while for my replica mount to get finished... went ahead and had a replica of my pb smallie made as well (6lb 4oz)

Z520, JUST LIKE YA, BEEN FISHING DALE FOR YEARS AND SAD TO SAY IT IS NOT THE LAKE IT USED TO BE FOR SMALLIES BUT JUST SOMETHING ABOUT DALE AND YOU CAN`T HELP BUT LOVE IT. BEST OF LUCK!

Post Thanks / Like

Lake chickamauga in the fall

Is this a good lake to fish in the fall? Never been there and considering making the trip.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir, it's a beautiful lake! Something about fishing where the world record smallie was caught.....

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Z520, JUST LIKE YA, BEEN FISHING DALE FOR YEARS AND SAD TO SAY IT IS NOT THE LAKE IT USED TO BE FOR SMALLIES BUT JUST SOMETHING ABOUT DALE AND YOU CAN`T HELP BUT LOVE IT. BEST OF LUCK!

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent...

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Is this a good lake to fish in the fall? Never been there and considering making the trip.

Thanks