Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Going into trout withdrawls!

All this cursed rain really messed up my monthly trout fix! Called the fisheries department, and they said they still have the stockings postponed, to when....they won't say. The stocking will probably just never happen this month. I'll have to wait till June! Ah! With the CR out of commision, trammel creek being washed out, Jennings creek being washed out.............WHERE CAN A BROTHER FIND TROUT! Oh well, I'll just have to stick to my warm water species and wait it out......I'll be OK....I think???

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going into trout withdrawls!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    All this cursed rain really messed up my monthly trout fix! Called the fisheries department, and they said they still have the stockings postponed, to when....they won't say. The stocking will probably just never happen this month. I'll have to wait till June! Ah! With the CR out of commision, trammel creek being washed out, Jennings creek being washed out.............WHERE CAN A BROTHER FIND TROUT! Oh well, I'll just have to stick to my warm water species and wait it out......I'll be OK....I think???

-Rich
    Hang in there Rich ! I know how you feel ! The waters will go down, And the trout will rise ! But when is the question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    Hang in there Rich ! I know how you feel ! The waters will go down, And the trout will rise ! But when is the question
    Not soon enough.....ahhh!

Found some hybrids today, going to try and nail some on a clouser tomorrow and get that hybrid on my list! Let ya know how I do.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rich, I hear you, I have only been trout fishing twice so far this spring. That changes tomorrow. Spending the weekend in the Smokeis for trout fest and plan to do some fishing each day as well. I am going to meet Boone in person as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Hey Rich, I hear you, I have only been trout fishing twice so far this spring. That changes tomorrow. Spending the weekend in the Smokeis for trout fest and plan to do some fishing each day as well. I am going to meet Boone in person as well.
    Awesome! You all have fun up there, I am jealous! Let us know how it goes.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my trip fell apart. had to pay someone to dig up my yard and replace a faulty water line. Talked to boone by phone yesterday and he is there so I guess this year I will have to live vicariously through him.

Post Thanks / Like

My condolences Tim, we all know how much you've been looking forward to this trip. Sorry about the water line to. Supposed to dry out a bit this week though right? I hope so. On the up side, there should be a bumper crop of white crappie three years from now, ha ha ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if the water level at Trammel Creek has gone down to a fishable level? I would hate to make the two (2) hour drive only to be disappointed. Has the May stocking occurred yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean S. Land, Esq. View Post
    Does anyone know if the water level at Trammel Creek has gone down to a fishable level? I would hate to make the two (2) hour drive only to be disappointed. Has the May stocking occurred yet?
    The May stocking did take place a few weeks back, and yes Trammel is back to fishable levels. June 8th is the next stock date...........I CAN'T WAIT!!! When are you planning on going brother? Maybe I'll see you down there....I've got to treat this itch I've had for a long time now!!!

-Rich