Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir! Caught my pb from there, a 12lb 8oz gorilla! Had two over 9lb and two over 8lb same trip, I'll never forget it! Had 34lb 8oz one day and 35lb another day, both of those sacks did NOT include the 12lb 8oz, caught her on the last day of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by first2fish View Post
    Also,make sure your drag is set properly..there are some hogs in there..
    Likes GeoFisher, MagikSmallie, jkelley1487 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be Down there from Monday-Saturday..will report back
    Likes MagikSmallie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ520 View Post
    Yes sir! Caught my pb from there, a 12lb 8oz gorilla! Had two over 9lb and two over 8lb same trip, I'll never forget it! Had 34lb 8oz one day and 35lb another day, both of those sacks did NOT include the 12lb 8oz, caught her on the last day of the trip.

I was wondering if you'd chime in............

I loved seeing that you had a crazy few days there........It probably spoiled you , and you will no longer chase brown fish at Dale
    Likes 18RangerZ520L liked this post

Barry Guest

Plan on going...

The plan is to fish Friday and Saturday this week. I'm guessing with the water temps I will get to practice doing some sight fishing, full moon Wednesday. Catch and release, but it would be cool to see a 10# fish on the nest. Never been to the lake before but going to give it a shot. I'm guessing its going to be covered with boats tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The plan is to fish Friday and Saturday this week. I'm guessing with the water temps I will get to practice doing some sight fishing, full moon Wednesday. Catch and release, but it would be cool to see a 10# fish on the nest. Never been to the lake before but going to give it a shot. I'm guessing its going to be covered with boats tho.
    it will have to do some fast clearing up for you to see a nest by saturday, I fished it yesterday and it was dark stained, visibility a foot or less, water temps were from 54 to 64 with lots of boats, had to wait in line to lunch and wait in line to leave, on a 3 lane ramp. I never caught anything, and the guys I talked to at the dock while waiting to load my boat, were very unhappy as well, not a bite all day was their reply, when I asked how they did. good luck to you if you go.

Barry Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    it will have to do some fast clearing up for you to see a nest by saturday, I fished it yesterday and it was dark stained, visibility a foot or less, water temps were from 54 to 64 with lots of boats, had to wait in line to lunch and wait in line to leave, on a 3 lane ramp. I never caught anything, and the guys I talked to at the dock while waiting to load my boat, were very unhappy as well, not a bite all day was their reply, when I asked how they did. good luck to you if you go.
    Well your busting my bubble... What area of the lake did you fish? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well your busting my bubble... What area of the lake did you fish? Thanks!
    sorry, just gave a true report of what I did and saw, I fished hard using spinner baits, cranks,rattle baits, jigs, plastics but just couldn't get hit, and there were enough boats around that someone was fishing close to me most of the time, at the north end of Harrison bay they were so many boats fishing the islands there, I didn't even try fishing there, I fished Harrison bay, up under the 58 bridge, Ramsey hollow, Savannah creek, and tried some little pockets off the main river channel around Harrison bluff going closer to the Dam, i"ll run back down when the water clears.

Post Thanks / Like
    MagikSmallie,

We fished Chick Wed-Sat this past week (4/12-4-15) and we did alright. We caught several in the 2-4.5lb range. We had two that were right at 5 lbs. We fished Harrison Bay and a little north of it most days. They were all post spawn with water temps in the low to mid 70's. Almost every good fish we caught were on grass lines extending out on points. I fully expect them to be on the river ledges in the next 2-3 weeks. We even caught a few fishing some ledges with hair jigs. We were slow rolling swimbaits through the grass and that was our most productive pattern. I was a little bummed that the fish were post-spawn like that but we still caught about 12-15 fish a day. Saturday was absolutely nuts out there. I highly recommend that you go during the week or you're going to be waiting in line to fish a spot. Good luck and have fun!

Barry Guest
    I ended up not going to Chick with waterdog101's report. Went to Ky lake Paris Landing and had a good time, got to fish new water and had a decent couple days of fishing. Totally didn't figure out why there was so many people on the water on Friday till I got back home Saturday night and figured out it was good Friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally don't chime in...LOL. Nah, I'm still going to chase the smallies at Dale! Been going to Dale since 1999, something about that lake, love it.

You are right though, I am spoiled now! Catching 5lb and 6lb bass here in KY just won't cut it anymore! I'm going to be spending a lot more time on Chick dialing it in more...

Now I got to wait a while for my replica mount to get finished... went ahead and had a replica of my pb smallie made as well (6lb 4oz)

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I was wondering if you'd chime in............

I loved seeing that you had a crazy few days there........It probably spoiled you , and you will no longer chase brown fish at Dale
    Likes waterdog101, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Report Back

Well, Chickamauga didn't give up any big ones for me but it didn't really disappoint either. I fished mostly Sale Creek and some in Dallas Bay (C. Frost Park). didn't do a bit of good in Dallas Bay, but I saw some fish shallow in the back. Sale Creek was a neat creek, especially in the back of it, wild channel swings. caught some fish on topwater, when the wind picked up the spinnerbait was good. The best bite however was on a basic shakyhead, 1/4oz round ball greenpumpkin worm, tail dipped in chartreuse on channel banks where the channel made a bend near shoreline cover (laydowns/stumps). I dodged storms most of the time down there and boat traffic was fairly heavy. Everyone down there was complaining about boat traffic but I'm used to Cedar Creek so I didn't find it to be too bad. Some fish were on the nest but it appeared most were done with a lot of males guarding shallow. water temps were low 70's, lake was rising and fast with all the rain. it will probably muddy up this week with all they got. Some fish are starting to show up on the ledges too but the better bite was still back into the creeks on laydowns and channel banks. on Saturday I caught over 20 fish but a lot of small ones, best was a little over 4#. Thanks to everyone on here for the assistance. It was my first time to Chick and I WILL be back, I'd love to hit it in February when the A-Rig is on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, no Fri/Sat/Sun fishing for me!!! Only Mon-Thu for me!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley1487 View Post
    Saturday was absolutely nuts out there. I highly recommend that you go during the week or you're going to be waiting in line to fish a spot.