Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just In - Alabama Rig Legal in Indiana for 2012

The "Alabama Rig" question is now answered with this Emergency DNR rule effective this Saturday, February 25th, 2012: An individual may take fish with not more than three (3) poles, handlines, or tip-ups at a time. Except as provided in 312 IAC 9-7-2 (k), an individual must affix to one line not more than: two (2) hooks; two (2) harnesses for use with live bait; two (2) artificial baits; OR ONE (1) RIG or LURE ARRAY for use with MULTIPLE ARTIFICIAL BAITS with not more than FIVE (5) hooks. This temporary amendment expires January 1, 2013.

Posted by a Indiana Conservation Officer here http://huntingindiana.proboards.com/...y&thread=41381

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just In - Alabama Rig Legal in Indiana for 2012

BOO!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Why Boo??? If it catches fish, why not? We are not using cane poles and string anymore. Well i'm not anyway. I just don't understand why its such a big deal. Its been a way of fishing for years. Friend of mine used umbrella rigs for stripers for years.

Post Thanks / Like

To me there is no difference in the Arig and trolling or live bait. Should be banned from all tournaments.

Personally I won't use it regardless. I find it completely immoral and takes all or any skill completely out of the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TR21Bassin View Post
    To me there is no difference in the Arig and trolling or live bait. Should be banned from all tournaments.

Personally I won't use it regardless. I find it completely immoral and takes all or any skill completely out of the equation.

LOL LOL

Post Thanks / Like

i need to throw this bad boy in my back lawn and see if i can catch some fish then if its that easy

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when the LCD fish finders came out. They were going to be the end of fishing...total unfairness....ban them ban them. LOL. No matter how you look at it that thing is a artificial lure that you cast and retrieve on rod & reel.

Post Thanks / Like

i throw it and it will wear your arm out. I have only caught two fish on it. But I did lose one last week on it. Just remember it will hook everything under water. rocks, moss,tress, weeds, oooo and some fish. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TR21Bassin View Post

The thing is you still have to throw it in areas where fish are....that is the main difference between good fisherman and most everybody else...they can locate WHERE the fish are!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished this thing on KY lake back in January and had a blast and came home with bleeding thumbs. It will wear you out thats for sure. I used 1/8 ounce light wire jig heads with 5.5" Strike King Shadilious swim baits super glued to the heads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    The thing is you still have to throw it in areas where fish are....that is the main difference between good fisherman and most everybody else...they can locate WHERE the fish are!!!
    so thats why i dont catch fish! seems like i need to put this a-rig in front of the fish