Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin/Salt River White Bass

Anyone had any luck with the White Bass at Salt of Nolin as of late? I've never tried to catch the run and trying to figure out if it's still on or if I've missed it at this point. Hoping to get out Friday AM if weather cooperates. Sounds like medium rooster tails are a good option.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Palmer Road area today. Water clear and really low, with little flow. Checking the USGS data back home shows Glensboro <4 ft. If there are any fish, you can see them...lots of shad and suckers. Some larger fish I could not quite ID were hanging out under a log. I walked pretty far down and got nothing. I did not take my kayak so the trip was all on foot...maybe there are fish still staging further down toward bridge? Maybe rain later in week will get things going? Also, the gate is closed so plan on walking a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFoot View Post
    I went to Palmer Road area today. Water clear and really low, with little flow. Checking the USGS data back home shows Glensboro <4 ft. If there are any fish, you can see them...lots of shad and suckers. Some larger fish I could not quite ID were hanging out under a log. I walked pretty far down and got nothing. I did not take my kayak so the trip was all on foot...maybe there are fish still staging further down toward bridge? Maybe rain later in week will get things going? Also, the gate is closed so plan on walking a bit.
    Thank you WetFoot!

Post Thanks / Like
    According to a post i saw earlier chad miles and the ky afield guys were catching white bass on the nolin river. Where at? Your guess is as good as mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    we fished Nolin on Saturday 4/28 and did real well on white bass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverfisher View Post
    we fished Nolin on Saturday 4/28 and did real well on white bass.
    My neighbors down there killed them too using blade baits up by 3 fingers .. they also got some wallies too . Hey! Maybe the walleye are making a comeback
    Likes aceoky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I put in my kayak at Bacon Creek today...great day to be on water but I got the skunk...I fished downstream to 'three fingers' area ...water up and not flowing...talked to locals and the advice is Bacon creek UPstream toward broad ford bridge..people at bridge parked off road and, I would guess, fishing the river...Fish are being caught, just not by me..I worked hard for this information...good luck, people!
    Likes aceoky, kentuckykingfisher liked this post