Search Fishin.com

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
    Really you going to call the gov about cars at boat ramps? All that is going to do is get them to shut down all boat ramps for everybody.
    I'm not calling anybody about out of state cars at boat ramps, not my job.
    but do you seriously think conservation officers and local law enforcement arent noticing this?
    it will get shut down and all the non residents will go home and leave us here with the mess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassracr View Post
    My practice of having zero contact with anyone from home to the water is no different than yours. Nowhere did I state I would be there less than 14 days. Maybe you are more “special “ than I.
    Ok your doing your part, good for you. But in all honesty do you think the rest of your Ohio brethren are doing the same? If you can't, I think a lot of the local people on Cumerland can.
    Likes stripernut1, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Ok your doing your part, good for you. But in all honesty do you think the rest of your Ohio brethren are doing the same? If you can't, I think a lot of the local people on Cumerland can.
    Riverrat, speaking for myself and closest friends.. yes. I have a good friend that has already been there 3 weeks with his family and like myself take this all very seriously. Are there others from Ohio not doing their part? No doubt. Are some locals not following guidelines, still having tournaments , congregating, etc.
    No doubt. My point is just because my truck and boat have Ohio tags does not
    Mean I am a selfish azzhole. I did not ask for this and just trying to make the best of It like most of you .A lot of good Kentucky folks moved to Ohio for better jobs and return to the place and people they love to spend their hard earned money around the Cumberland area, and care a great deal for the people and resources. Ohio plates and all.
    Stay safe
    Good fishin to all
    Last edited by bassracr; 04-08-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Riverrat, speaking for myself and closest friends.. yes. I have a good friend that has already been there 3 weeks with his family and like myself take this all very seriously. Are there others from Ohio not doing their part? No doubt. Are locals not following guidelines, still having tournaments , congregating, etc.
    Mean I am a selfish azzhole. I did not ask for this and just trying to make the best of It like most of you .A lot of good Kentucky folks moved to Ohio for better jobs and return to the place and people they love to spend their hard earned money around the Cumberland area, and care a great deal for the people and resources. Ohio plates and all.
    Stay safe
    Good fishin to all
    That is all we can ask, we are all a Little on the edge and don't want to see one of the few things we can do taken away by selfish individuals from any state. I personally now have to travel over an hour just to fish the same area due to not being able to cross a bridge. It ***** but I will, just to abide by the rules. That is all we ask. This to shall pass. Tight lines and be safe everybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    Riverrat, speaking for myself and closest friends.. yes. I have a good friend that has already been there 3 weeks with his family and like myself take this all very seriously. Are there others from Ohio not doing their part? No doubt. Are some locals not following guidelines, still having tournaments , congregating, etc.
    Stay safe
    Good fishin to all
    if you were coming to care for a loved one I would be the first to ask what can I do to help. but you're not , you're coming to fish.
    and you will have to forgive the majority of us who cringe when we see an ohio license plate. maybe it's because a large portion of you have zero etiquette around water. maybe it's because some of you would even defy a governors orders just to indulge yourself in your favorite recreation. maybe...
    also please remember our hospitals are rural and are based on the local population and can only handle small scale emergencies.
    our rural stores are having a hard enough time keeping bread on the shelves for local residents.
    i truly hate that all of us are going through this and it's getting worse.
    please, again please...be safe,be smart and be considerate.
    and most of all please understand why someone would stare at your license plate
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    if you were coming to care for a loved one I would be the first to ask what can I do to help. but you're not , you're coming to fish.
    and you will have to forgive the majority of us who cringe when we see an ohio license plate. maybe it's because a large portion of you have zero etiquette around water. maybe it's because some of you would even defy a governors orders just to indulge yourself in your favorite recreation. maybe...
    also please remember our hospitals are rural and are based on the local population and can only handle small scale emergencies.
    our rural stores are having a hard enough time keeping bread on the shelves for local residents.
    I wouldn’t say it is getting worse. Honestly we may be on tail end of it. The projected peak is now Easter and frankly those numbers and graphs are garbage. In Ky you can’t get tested unless you are sick with the symptoms, we just don’t know how many cases there is or has been. Same with the rest of country.

The only thing that we know is projections and graphs are proven wrong every single day, yet they are still being used. It is on the verge of fear mongering. As for the out of state residents they can always sue. Please don’t get our ramps shut down though, and it looks like that will be first action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well stated stripernut. I hope one day soon you and Mark can teach me how to fish that dang place. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    I wouldn’t say it is getting worse. Honestly we may be on tail end of it. The projected peak is now Easter and frankly those numbers and graphs are garbage. In Ky you can’t get tested unless you are sick with the symptoms, we just don’t know how many cases there is or has been. Same with the rest of country.

The only thing that we know is projections and graphs are proven wrong every single day, yet they are still being used. It is on the verge of fear mongering. As for the out of state residents they can always sue. Please don’t get our ramps shut down though, and it looks like that will be first action.
    tim, I wasnt saying the pandemic is getting worse, I'm saying the mental state we are all in over the present conditions is taking its toll.
    I dont look at graphs or projections either, I think they are a terrible disrespect for the family of anyone that has lost a loved one due to this crqp

Post Thanks / Like
    tim, I wasnt saying the pandemic is getting worse, I'm saying the mental state we are all in over the present conditions is taking its toll.
    I dont look at graphs or projections either, I think they are a terrible disrespect for the family of anyone that has lost a loved one due to this crqp
    Yeah I know. I also know everyone wants this to be over. I was just giving a different perspective instead of doom and gloom. I know fishing has been a great relief for me lately (always has been). I get to restart the schedule next week, 200+ workers from all around country, 12 porta Jon’s!!! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim, you just hit the nail dead center! A quick scan of license plates in the parking lots and you see Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan plates, and bot the odd plate here and there, it's a bunch of them. I thought the Govs rules were "if you come in to Kentucky from another state you MUST self quarantine for 14 days" ???
    personally I dont care if they come and fish but its chafes me a little to think of all the people not ALLOWED to work right now while these out of state folks disregard our residents sacrifices.
    No doubt........I live in Indiana, and am not crossing the bridges right now due to the lockdown rules.

Some people think the rules don't apply to them..........CHAPS my ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    We have two different scenarios. Either the projections were crazy wrong and we acted on hyperbole from China virus, or we are about to see social distancing be completely disregarded as a power grab. Everything was wide open today, from skiers to grocery stores. I know it’s first of month but it looked like a major holiday on the lake today.

The social distancing, quarantine is effectively over. Many good arguments on how it was wrong in first place or even unConstitutional. At any rate, it’s over. Let’s hope this was an overreaction and nothing more than seasonal flu/cold.

WHO and CDC and China may have some splainin to do! I will never buy another product manufactured in china unless it is absolutely necessary. All the lure manufacturers can pound sand, I will dig red worms first!
    It's not even CLOSE to being over........

And the states with serious outbreaks will use the National Guard to enforce the orders..........if we see an uptick in cases.

Post Thanks / Like
    I I am from Ohio and have a second home in Kentucky.I pay Kentucky property taxes. I have a out-of-state Kentucky fishing license. I have lost my job due to coronavirus and I have been a freak about social distancing due to elders in my family .I plan on coming to Kentucky and fishing and staying at my second home since I am currently out work .it’s what I love to do and have have decades of work invested to make this happen ,and this is what I can look forward to? Really? You want to stare someone down because they have an Ohio license plate? I will be the one not looking nervous unhooking my boat. Maybe these out of state folks are just as concerned about this virus and taking all precautions that you folks are and have just as much invested. I thought this site was for folks to share the love of fishin. Did not expect to be in enemy territory launching a boat to go fishing .
    LAWS are LAWS...........an Executive order was presented, and THAT is the freakin LAW. PERIOD....you can choose to break the law if you'd like, but if you do and their are consequences, and you ACCEPT those consequences...

Quite simple.

**** is gonna get out of hand really quick if we don't start getting back to normal.