Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake

Anyone been bass fishing on Green River Lake? A buddy just bought a boat and we're thinking about hitting it on Sunday. Not looking for hotspots, just curious about water temp, thermocline depth, etc. I'm a diehard smallie junkie that recently relocated to KY and this will be my 1st time on Green and I'm hoping to stumble on to a few brown bass. Thanks in advance for any info you'd be willing to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    79 deg water temp,great color.did not fishforbass ,lake is in good shape
    Likes DWDave1320 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply!! Little warmer than I hoped but I should have figured as much. Thank you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DWDave1320 View Post
    Anyone been bass fishing on Green River Lake? A buddy just bought a boat and we're thinking about hitting it on Sunday. Not looking for hotspots, just curious about water temp, thermocline depth, etc. I'm a diehard smallie junkie that recently relocated to KY and this will be my 1st time on Green and I'm hoping to stumble on to a few brown bass. Thanks in advance for any info you'd be willing to share.
    Since you're looking for smallies I'd recommend you fish in the mid lake area between Butler Creek and Lone Valley ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    Since you're looking for smallies I'd recommend you fish in the mid lake area between Butler Creek and Lone Valley ramp.
    I agree with Sweetwater. And I would have given you a link to the water temps/O2 levels at Green, which would indicate where the thermocline was setting up, but unfortunately the COE Lake Level website is down ... and has been for several days. Even their Facebook page only gives lake level and outflow rate as of June 4th ... and states that their Lake Info Line is out (which means the phone number 270-465-8824 isn't working).

Post Thanks / Like
    I will second what was said about the mid lake area and smallmouth. I also wanted to add the webpage that I use for water information has been down for a few days but it is back up and now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed it is, R19 : and here's a link to the water temps at depths & O2 levels at depth : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missio...Green-Profile/

Looks like the 12-18' depths are where the water temps start to drop, along with the O2 levels. But, remember ... those readings are taken at the dam, so they could be different in other areas of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been away for a couple of days guys, but thank you so much for the info. That is great. Sounds like as of now, our plans have changed. He has a place on Rough and wants to fish there on Sunday. And beggars can't be choosers, so I'll be chasing greenies instead. But we will get to Green very shortly. Thank you all again for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Indeed it is, R19 : and here's a link to the water temps at depths & O2 levels at depth : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missio...Green-Profile/

Looks like the 12-18' depths are where the water temps start to drop, along with the O2 levels. But, remember ... those readings are taken at the dam, so they could be different in other areas of the lake.
    Had friends go down friday and had there limits on crappie in 25'to30' of water,if this charts is correct those fish must have had 02 tanks to breath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Had friends go down friday and had there limits on crappie in 25'to30' of water,if this charts is correct those fish must have had 02 tanks to breath.
    That's why I said : "But, remember ... those readings are taken at the dam, so they could be different in other areas of the lake."

But, I would have to ask if your friends were fishing that deep, or just in that depth of water ?? Many of the guys I know, that fish Green for Crappie, are also fishing in 25-30fow ... but pushing cranks at 12-15' deep.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to ask him again. I asked how deep were they now and he said all the better fish came 25 to 30 feet deep on jigs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I will have to ask him again. I asked how deep were they now and he said all the better fish came 25 to 30 feet deep on jigs.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all, buddy !! I only know of a couple of places with trees/brushpiles that deep, so it's not worth it to me to drive 2hrs just to find out if they're on them or not ... LOL !!