Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say I agree with the pro qualifiers but mine are starting to act up on me now. The worm gear went out on one and I have another one that has had a messed up drag since I took it out of the box. They are very smooth reeling and cast like a rocket though! Maybe I just got a bad apple

Post Thanks / Like
    Shimano!!!! That's all anyone needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    I would say I agree with the pro qualifiers but mine are starting to act up on me now. The worm gear went out on one and I have another one that has had a messed up drag since I took it out of the box. They are very smooth reeling and cast like a rocket though! Maybe I just got a bad apple
    Most of the pro qualifiers have 8-10lb drags in them. MOST are not meant to be spooled with heavier line.

I've replaced the drags in all my pro qualifiers, and they are the bomb. I've too had worm gear issues with some older pro qualifiers. In fact, I replaced the worm in 2 and had to exchanged by BPS.......they take care of you,, and the replacement worm gears I purchased were less than 10 bucks.

Here is a link to upgrade the drag washers and bearings:

http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html

I like them. I also like my old shimano reels.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Most of the pro qualifiers have 8-10lb drags in them. MOST are not meant to be spooled with heavier line.

I've replaced the drags in all my pro qualifiers, and they are the bomb. I've too had worm gear issues with some older pro qualifiers. In fact, I replaced the worm in 2 and had to exchanged by BPS.......they take care of you,, and the replacement worm gears I purchased were less than 10 bucks.

Here is a link to upgrade the drag washers and bearings:

http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html

I like them. I also like my old shimano reels.

Later,

Geo
    thanks geo! When I was talking about my drag I was meaning that it makes a weird whining sound when it slips and it's not very smooth. But I'll look into the washers and bearings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought a couple of the new daiwa tatula's .. So far, I'm impressed... Actually use them on rods that had curado e's on them..Can b had on eBay for bout $103..

Post Thanks / Like

Like Jabbo Said

In the reels for sale forum on bass boat central. bbcboards.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all Abu reels and rods. I have the Revo Premier, STX, SX, and the S, and to be honest, I prefer the Revo S over all of them (I have 3 Revo S reels). I think they go for $120-$130 just about everywhere. I would definitely look into them.

http://www.abugarcia.com/products/re...ls/revo/revo-s

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been lookin at the abu gracias. One of my buddy's recommended them and I got a black max that performs just as good as about any of my other baitcasters. Have had it for about two years and still hasn't worn out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    I've been lookin at the abu gracias. One of my buddy's recommended them and I got a black max that performs just as good as about any of my other baitcasters. Have had it for about two years and still hasn't worn out
    Drew,
    I love my Shimano's, but the Black Max so far have inpressed me. My dad started using my baitcasters and we fished a tour together and the Zebco's had to go. I went and got him two of the Black Max and one Silver Max. The black is smooth and so far have been holding up. I admit after we fished that tour I put one of the black's on my main worm rod and 1 1/2 later its still on there. I am a beliver in using the same reel so you can control speed and casting but money doesnt grow on trees and the Shimano's take a chunk out of the fishing budget. They may quit working tommorrow but for the money they are nice.
    Crank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinstein View Post
    Drew,
    I love my Shimano's, but the Black Max so far have inpressed me. My dad started using my baitcasters and we fished a tour together and the Zebco's had to go. I went and got him two of the Black Max and one Silver Max. The black is smooth and so far have been holding up. I admit after we fished that tour I put one of the black's on my main worm rod and 1 1/2 later its still on there. I am a beliver in using the same reel so you can control speed and casting but money doesnt grow on trees and the Shimano's take a chunk out of the fishing budget. They may quit working tommorrow but for the money they are nice.
    Crank
    Are the shimano caius and caenan's nice or should I pay the extra money and buy a citica? Looking for a flipping reel but don't need anything with a flipping switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    the new lews are hard to beat. i prefer them over abu. i would stay away from quantum.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't go wrong with lew's or pro qualifier. I have 2 of each. However, my buzz real is starting to act up, it's a pro qualifier and I'm gonna replace it with the lew's.