Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jumps,stripers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houseboatjoe View Post
    thanks for the information.I am coming down wednesday. I'm hoping the cooler temps will help.Do you know what the water temp is?
    Low 60s i believe. I was not running controls. I think we were just a little early and this trip was one week earlier than normal. We might even try to get back next weekend but not sure i can pull it off.

Best jumps seen for the total trip was at the dam by submarine island where they limited out 2 days. From there nothing but singles. Lots of singles which when cast at did manage to pick a few up. We did see small jumps in The mouth of otter area and around first turn. I was salivating waiting in the mouth of otter and beaver just waiting for the explosion. Lots of seen singles the point across from jamestown next to the flats from there all the way to governors. Main lake in front of beaver had lots of gulls but they never gave us any clues. Lots of bait on top at dam, mouth of otter, white tire and in front of jamestown. We tried a lot and honestly i wish my trip was this wed because it is going to explode and those are great times. GL

Be prepared to troll or pull bait and maybe then pack it up if the jumps start rolling.

Post Thanks / Like

jumps

bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Novice striper fisherman here just giving a quick report. Fished Friday, started crappie fishing but could only find singles so gave up and went to net some shad and chase stripers. Only managed one striper, a small fella. Bluebird skies and high wind didn't help. Fished Sunday in the snow all day. Good bait, decent bite but only came away with one keeper. Small mouth were on fire though. Tried pulling balloons and down lines. Also bottom fished a bit. No jumps seen besides a few singles. Fished the Faubush/White Oak areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    4500 views,everybodys want to jump a stripper

Post Thanks / Like

Jumps

If you want shiners forget Jamestown and state dock who got zip. Bass pros has “hog” size shiners ready to bag up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobe Mejuwa View Post
    If you want shiners forget Jamestown and state dock who got zip. Bass pros has “hog” size shiners ready to bag up.
    Friday 3 Nov jumps in Indian 1/2 way between Grider and turn to 76 Falls. No jumps seen at at all 4 or 5 Nov, and cover from from the Jame to 1/2 up Wolfe, Lilly, Caney, Greasey, Otter and Beaver. (Of course they may have been going nuts at each creek we just left...right?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at bugwoods and mouth of beaver sat and by dam sun. Did not see any jumps. Did not see many fish on graph either. What I did see seemed to me right off bottom in 40'-50' of water. Bait was hard to catch sat am and impossible sun am for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I was at bugwoods and mouth of beaver sat and by dam sun. Did not see any jumps. Did not see many fish on graph either. What I did see seemed to me right off bottom in 40'-50' of water. Bait was hard to catch sat am and impossible sun am for me.
    Sunday was somewhere between Perfect Storm and Deadliest Catch
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Monday and Tuesday with little luck. Found tons of bait and feeding schools of stripes in the very back of Wolf but they were not really interested in our shiners, I believe they were gorging themselves on the schools of baitfish which were extremely plentiful and huge.

They were also jumping back in there Monday afternoon but were not staying up more than a minute or two. There were a couple of guys in a bass boat trying to fish those jumps; by the time they could get the motor fired up and rocket over to the school it was already too late. Pretty funny to watch though, those guys provided some much needed entertainment for us in the cold mist before a pretty chilly ride back to Jamestown.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got into jumps

Finally got into a good jump. They stayed up long enough for us to catch 6 between 26 and 32 in. All the way in the back of a creek. It was a blast.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro929 View Post
    Finally got into a good jump. They stayed up long enough for us to catch 6 between 26 and 32 in. All the way in the back of a creek. It was a blast.
    What were you catching them on.If you don't mind or PM me.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Spro bucktail jig

I would burn the jig through the jumps and then kill it. 3/4 ounce . Thanks to this website and the guys that didn't mind answering questions.