Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Oh, the worse part is I cannot taste or smell crap. Literally, I could CRAP myself and I'd not even know it.

Talk about sucking. AND if I had a gas leak in the house, I could not smell it.

I could eat a lemon right now without any issues. Hell I love IPA beers, and brought back some kick ass Double IPA's from New Glarus Brewing, and cannot even taste them.

THAT ***** ASS.
    Study from France showed it took almost a year, but almost all COVID survivors eventually got taste/smell back. Hope it does for you, Geo.
    Likes GeoFisher, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get Better Geo.

Oh, the worse part is I cannot taste or smell crap. Literally, I could CRAP myself and I'd not even know it.

I could eat a lemon right now without any issues. Hell I love IPA beers, and brought back some kick ass Double IPA's from New Glarus Brewing, and cannot even taste them.

THAT ***** ASS.
    I sinerely hope you recover and don't get too sick Geo. Hopefully, the vaccines will prevent you from getting too sick and being hospitalized. Monoclonal Antibody treatments is the best medicine. Again, I hope you recover soon and wish you well.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another link to look at on this subject

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/202...-ac360-vpx.cnn

Antivaxer Conservative Talk Show host Dick Ferrel died of Covid

Phil Valentine also died of Covid.

Both regretted not getting vaccinated. Others are not changing their mind as they go to the hospital with Covid. When the doctor sticks that tube down their throat they may not like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. You enjoy eating out without fear of a bad meal 😂

You will prevail! The good die young, so you are destined to live forever! 🤗

Best regards and god speed to recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Not smelling can be a good thing when:

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraSpook View Post
    Good news. You enjoy eating out without fear of a bad meal 

You will prevail! The good die young, so you are destined to live forever! 珞

Best regards and god speed to recovery.
    You take a crap in a small bathroom and are out of matches.

Get well Geo. Post some thing soon so we know you are getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

Geo you did the right thing

I seriously thought about not posting............

I have the RONA now......Now matter what the **** you believe, this **** is the worse freakin "flu" I have ever had.

And yea, I got the shot, thank god. I suspect without the shot I'd be dead.

I got the monoclonal Antibody therapy yesterday, and feel a little better.........

* Dizzy .....check
    * Tired.....check
    * Sore throat...check
    * Caughing....check
    * Cannot breathe......check
    * Fatigue...check....Hell I can barely walk up my freakin stairs......

Folks.........STFU, get your **** in order. Get a shot / don't get a shot, I don't give a ****, but don't say this **** is not real.

Done......and soapbox put back up.

Later,

Geo
    Some may still think that this Covid 19 Pandemic is a hoax. If you can convince just one person to get vaccinated and that it's not a hoax then you did a good thing. We banter a lot in here but when it comes to our health that is not a joke. I hope you get you health back and enjoy a juicy 16 oz. Ribeye Steak, baked potato and a couple of Whiskey Sours or whatever your favorite drink may be.

Post Thanks / Like

I tested NEGATIVE today.......

So I'm finally negative.

Smell and Taste are all screwed up......Hopefully that gets better.
    I'm tired all the time. Hopefully that gets better.
    Still have some breathing issues, but hot horrible.

This **** is the real deal......

Later,

Geo
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are feeling better. Good thing you got the vax

So I'm finally negative.

Later,

Geo
    I'm glad that you are feeling better. That vaccine saved your life and the monoclonal antibodies really helps clear the virus out of your system and helps the vaccine fight the virus. Sorry to hear that your taste and smell has not returned. Hopefully that will recover too. It may take some time. Remember that 2/3rds of people that recover get better and never have long term after effects. Only 1/3 of those that survive covid19 have long term memory problems or heat issues. So the odds are in your favor.

Post Thanks / Like

My cart's horse is dead LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    New info is coming out all the time because we are dealing with a highly contagious, rapidly mutating killer virus and are in a situation that is unprecedented in our lifetimes. As far as the cart before the horse, everything begins and ends with the fact that extreme times call for extreme measures. Doesn't even matter if you have a cart if your horse is dead.

You absolutely are being grouped into the problem group because that is what the data tells them. Look at the hospitalization/case ratios comparing vaxxed/unvaxxed people. It's not personal.

Delta variant was discovered in India in December. Vaccines didn't start until January.

Just not accurate. There were clinical trials involving hundreds of thousands of people. Operation Warp Speed cut down the red tape and accelerated the process; it in no way bypassed the process.

LOL about the dead horse and it not mattering if it was in front or in back of the cart. A dead horse ain't going nowhere soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to argue the merits or dangers of the vaccines, but I will say the pro vaxx folks saying this virus will be eradicated are fooling themselves...and others. If this type virus, which is nothing like Polio, etc, could be eradicated, we wouldn't have colds or flu. You can mask up and stay isolated if you want, but Covid is here to stay. Beshear has badly damaged Ky's economy... and to what end?

Best we can hope for IMO is better treatment techniques, and a never ending procession of vaccines. I also believe it is a very dangerous precedent to mandate protein spike vaccinations. Once the government succeeds at that, mandatory flu and who know what others will become mandatory. Whether or not we become vaccine pincushions should be our choice.

I hope I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

We should never give up trying

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Not going to argue the merits or dangers of the vaccines, but I will say the pro vaxx folks saying this virus will be eradicated are fooling themselves...and others. If this type virus, which is nothing like Polio, etc, could be eradicated, we wouldn't have colds or flu. You can mask up and stay isolated if you want, but Covid is here to stay. Beshear has badly damaged Ky's economy... and to what end?

Best we can hope for IMO is better treatment techniques, and a never ending procession of vaccines. I also believe it is a very dangerous precedent to mandate protein spike vaccinations. Once the government succeeds at that, mandatory flu and who know what others will become mandatory. Whether or not we become vaccine pincushions should be our choice.

I hope I'm wrong.
    I hope you are wrong too. And you may be right. This Covid keep mutating and it may escape the vaccines we have developed for it. It may be like the common flu which mutates all the time and we have to come up with a new vaccine each year up here in North American based on which variant of the flu is most prominate in South America. Their winter is out summer and vise versa.

Now the mRNA vaccines are a lot different that the vaccines we developed for Polio. Those older vaccines were actually live virus that had been toned down somehow. And don't ask me how they did that in the past as I don't know how you tone down a live virus. I know that some pathogens can be weakened and used in horses to produce a vaccine. They may have used lab rabbits in the past but that technology is beyond me. And I'm too worn out tonight after trying to figure out how to use a device to do a virtual visit with the doctor for my mom. They make that **** too complicated and I think I have to buy a devise or hardware to get that to work. We used to use Duo with the doctor and I could use my smartphone to do virtual visits but now they want to use TytoCare which is just another bunch of crap. Makes me sick the crap we have to go though to see a doctor these days. And I'm in a bitchy mood right now. I hate new technology and having to learn how to use it especially when they change it up just a few months or years later and I have to learn it all over again. You listening to me Microsoft and Deaconess Clinic Doctors? Now I have to go and buy this new TytoCare **** just to do a virtual visit for my mom with her **** doctor. At least she doesn't have Covid-19 or need to go to the ER again. She fell out of her bed the other night and I had to call an ambulance. She refused to go to the hospital and they left without taking her. But we will get a bill from them and it's over $1000 each time they come out and she refused to go to the dam ER. She finally went two days later and got bandaged up and went home with a antibiotic prescription to prevent her leg from getting infected. She is 96 and was not doing well the past few months. Losing weight and not eating is a big problem. Falling is also a major concern. She is better today and walking around the house with her walker. Two days ago she could not walk as her left knee is bad (No cartilage and bone on bone in her left knee). I had to ice her knee down twice a day and use Voltaren gel on it 3 times a day to get the pain down so she could walk again. She walked all around the house with her walker the other day. A week ago when I brought her home from the ER she walked down the sidewalk from the driveway to the front door. Up 3 stairs and into the house and then to her back bedroom and proceeded to almost pass out. Then she had a seizure on her bed and finally went to bed Alive. She started taking the antibiotics and took them for 7 days and finished them up yesterday. A nurse came out today and replace the bandages on her right lower leg. She tore the skin on her shin and lower leg calf as at 96 the skin is very thin and easily torn. I've been changing the bandages for her along with a home health nurse every two days. I'm tired and worn out. I finally got her to bed tonight so I can get on the internet and maybe have a whisky sour or bloody marry to wind down.

I just read a story on my smartphone's flipbook thing. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with the marshmallow software
    which is the latest for this phone. And I saw the same story tonight on my computer. Basically it's saying that the CDC data shows that the majority of the fully vaccinated people who end up in the hospital or die are immunocompromised and elderly. There was another article about a Yale University Study of around 900 patients in the hospital that came to the same conclusion.

Now the bottom line is if we want to beat this virus and drone it out of existence the best way to do that is to get everyone vaccinated ASAP, wear masks and social distance and practice good hygiene. That is our tools that we have at our disposal. But the problem is that a little under 1/2 of the people in the USA have not bee vaccinated yet. So you are right that this virus won't go away. But it's because people keep making excuses not to get vaccinated. People like DeSantis down in Florida are no help at all. In fact that ******* is doing everything in his power to keep the virus spreading and I think he is doing that on purpose for purely political purposes. He needs to be voted out of office at the first opportunity. It's too bad that in Florida they can't recall the Governor like they did in CALI.

Look I want to be able to get rid of this **** virus so that I can go shopping again without fear of getting this **** virus and dying. I don't leave the house anymore as I have a bad heart and can't afford to get sick with this stupid virus. And someone has to be here to take care of my 96 year old mother as if something happens to me she will die. She can't even dial on the phone anymore due to dementia. She can push a button on her safety pendant that will call my cell phone for help. But if I'm gone then there is no one for her to call anymore. I need to program the system to call my cousin in case mom can't reach me if I die. Another thing to learn how to do again? grr.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm finally negative.

Later,

Geo
    George, i hadn't been on in awhile & had no clue you or any other members were sick. I'm glad you guys are ok. There are 3 in the shop i work out of that have it & 2 of them have covid pneumona & one of them i've known & worked with for 25 years & he's in critical condition & has been put in acoma. There is one fellow that's convinced he only has the flu & that covid is just make believe & he's a home with a fever, throwing up, diahrea & says his lungs are full of mucus & he still will argue that it isn't real. Hard headedest human being i've ever known. lol Hopefully he comes around & gets his self taken care of. Again though glad you guys are ok.
    Likes Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post