Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: 3.25 per gallon

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy 3.25 per gallon

    It set in today, it will cost me 100 bucks to fill my truck, where will I make cuts? Since we dont have any resturants worth going to here in burkesville, that wont help.Since I smoke cheap cigs, they are going up also, so maybe now is finally the time to quit[again].Meat prices are going up faster than anything else, and milk is close to 4 bucks a gallon,eggs almost 2 bucks, guess its rice and beans.But nopw maybe only twice a week on the fishing.And its only march!I'm one of the lucky ones, live close to the lakes, no kids in school, and retired. What the hell is a guy with a family supposed to do? Driving 40 miles to low paying job, isn't much sense is it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    It set in today, it will cost me 100 bucks to fill my truck, where will I make cuts? Since we dont have any resturants worth going to here in burkesville, that wont help.Since I smoke cheap cigs, they are going up also, so maybe now is finally the time to quit[again].Meat prices are going up faster than anything else, and milk is close to 4 bucks a gallon,eggs almost 2 bucks, guess its rice and beans.But nopw maybe only twice a week on the fishing.And its only march!I'm one of the lucky ones, live close to the lakes, no kids in school, and retired. What the hell is a guy with a family supposed to do? Driving 40 miles to low paying job, isn't much sense is it?
    Hey fill lucky 3.25 is cheap right now it's 3.46 here in the Louisville and surrounding outskirt areas. They just said on the news that a top CEO at Exxon Mobile got a 800 million dollar bonus. Yea you heard me right, BONUS, above and beyond his salary which I'm sure is sinful. Big Oil runs this country now and it always will until the truck drivers and the people band together and park it and revolt. You have to get into greeds pocket before greed listens. Oh well I'm sure Barrack will take care of it, Coombaya me Lord Coombaya, Coombaya me Lord Coombaya. I'm becoming one of those grumpy old farts and I only see it getting worse with age, LOL.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    11,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Hillary was quoted as saying once the Dems have control that gas prices will drop. Ha! That was last year when she said that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Bitter medicine, there is a simple solution to part of the problem, lower the national speed limit to 60mph. Stagger work hours so that you are not sitting in long traffic jams. In atlanta strings of stalled traffic goes on for miles, because every one gets off work at almost the same time.But these are band aids on a chest wound. Last year they ran a special on what happened to the electric car, it was big oil and the auto companys that scuttled that thing.Of course electric cars wontwork in rural areas as well as urban areas. They cited the cost of the automobile, uh at that time a led watch was selling for 6o bucks, and was hailed as a great beak through then. now you can buy those watches for a buck or two. they claimed the battery technology wasn't there yet,and a guy who made a new type of battery, was bought out, put out of busuiness.Greed is Good.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kentucky Lake
    Posts
    1,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    I have a short trip on the interstate to work. I have driven no faster than 60-65 the past couple of days. I can already tell a difference in gas mileage comparing it to my usuall 80. Same thing in the boat. I get it on plane then back off to about 1/2 throttle. I can tell a big difference in mileage there (more than doubled). I am halfway considering trying to find an older geo metro (you can find them cheap sometimes) to do all of my driving except when I am taking the boat out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Big Oil,,,,,,,,,Big Oil.


    The first way to examine an energy policy of any government official is to hear the noise.
    Everytime BIG OIL is brought up,a red flag should enter everyones mind,lets talk BIG UNION for a second,oops probaly can't do that because they are for the little guy right?


    Slowly people are waking up to the fact that its not BIG OIL,GWB,or **** Cheney causing our problems,maybe just maybe they can lose the rhetoric and find a solution.

    Big Oil is the only thing we have left,imagine LITTLE OIL, pretty sure we would be paying the same prices as some of the less fortunate countries are right now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    1,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Bitter medicine, there is a simple solution to part of the problem, lower the national speed limit to 60mph. Stagger work hours so that you are not sitting in long traffic jams. In atlanta strings of stalled traffic goes on for miles, because every one gets off work at almost the same time.But these are band aids on a chest wound. Last year they ran a special on what happened to the electric car, it was big oil and the auto companys that scuttled that thing.Of course electric cars wontwork in rural areas as well as urban areas. They cited the cost of the automobile, uh at that time a led watch was selling for 6o bucks, and was hailed as a great beak through then. now you can buy those watches for a buck or two. they claimed the battery technology wasn't there yet,and a guy who made a new type of battery, was bought out, put out of busuiness.Greed is Good.
    jst goes to show they are sticking us,big bonus,they raised the speed limit
    and if it was low supply or peak oil problems they wouldn't run 3mpg race cars every weekend and bp wouldn't be fillin up the pros boats evry weekend.
    we are just getting to pay for it,why do none of the cars or boats have sponsored by american drivers on them.they don't even thank us for the fill ups.i know all that stuff is putting too much money in rich peoples pockets to
    cut it back or limit it.anything to help invented to help the problem will be shot down,i know a fellow whos dad bought a gm car backduring the gas rationing days it got twice the gas mileage as the reg car,it wasn't to be sold with the proto carb on it but it was,they got back off the car...mpg can be achieved.why does my little 4.6 need as much gas to make it's power as my 96 454 did..?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Big Oil,,,,,,,,,Big Oil.


    The first way to examine an energy policy of any government official is to hear the noise.
    Everytime BIG OIL is brought up,a red flag should enter everyones mind,lets talk BIG UNION for a second,oops probaly can't do that because they are for the little guy right?


    Slowly people are waking up to the fact that its not BIG OIL,GWB,or **** Cheney causing our problems,maybe just maybe they can lose the rhetoric and find a solution.

    Big Oil is the only thing we have left,imagine LITTLE OIL, pretty sure we would be paying the same prices as some of the less fortunate countries are right now.
    Huhhhhhhhh.............. What.............

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    11,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    I wonder if the lakes will be less crowded this year? I'm sure some guy's will just make shorter trips. Man I love my Motorcycle and small outboards!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Angry Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Here we go with the UNIONS crapola again.I was the president of an OCAW union, I worked for a company that was very against unions,our pay was a few cents an hour less than most of their plants, when we were down sized to one guy per shift, we just let the union die,we never signed off, but that is all apples and oranges. Unions, how about the AMA? ABA, FOP, all these associatiions, are just that unions, but since you are called a professional, its not a union. american labor unions nowe make up about 17% of the work force, many of these are in the service sector, low paid.You probablt still believe upping theminimum wage caused this down turn pull your head out of the sand, many places dont even consider paying the minimum, because they cant get workers.The bottom line is corporate greed. Unions didn't encourage illegal hiring of non documented workers, corporations did,unions didnt export jobs corps did and do.Our company moved one of our plants to texas, lower wages, now its shut down, and the product is madew in mexico, even lower wages, BUT the price of the products went UP, what caused that unions?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    11,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Speaking from the construction industry standpoint... Gov. Patton made some deals with these guys so he could get their support to be elected and one of the deals is to make all state money jobs prevailing wage. The theory was that the private sector is under bidding the jobs and the unions (with their high pay scale) can't compete so now we all have to bid these high rates. What has happened from this? The state pays alot more for schools to be constructed and the unions get a small amount of that work (not what they planned on) and our state budget is being taxed out of control..which we all pay and will pay more for now that Beshear is in office.
    A typical political scheme in my book. It's amazing that at times we pay a man who has no experience in the technology field over $30 per hour because of this. Oh yeah he's happy but the fact is it's wrong. Why not let the industry flow and perform without the union and political influence? Greed that's why!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3.25 per gallon

    Before I was down sized out of the steel industry, we got a contract from the first jap company to build cars here.It was for a special type of galvanized steel. So they cranked up the lines, and ran scrap, and shipped it, uh inspecters were told to shut up. Several months later, most of those coils came back rejected, poor quality. Why? Some of those mills were using machines that dated back to WW11, and the gov. paid for them, reinvest in new equitment Why, it would affect the bottom line, that company went out of business, it was bought by a raider, who fleeced the pension plan,and sold what was left, he made millions, the workers got screwed. Big profits for all who never even made one piece of steel.When the steel workers of america asked congress for protection against forign steel dumping, the rural votes in congress said it would start a war against american farm products, well there is only one major american steel maker left, ask some one about waiting periods for steel, to build with.Uh those farmers, how come a lo0t of our produce comes from out side our country?Business and government have been screwing the middle class for years,and all they need is the bubba vote to do it.

Similar Threads

  1. 55 gallon barrels
    By BASSKING in forum Classifieds for Individuals (FREE)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
  2. 2.50 per gallon WHY?
    By mhall in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 10:32 PM
  3. .45 cents per Gallon
    By DJD in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:05 AM
  4. $5.19 per gallon!
    By DJD in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
  5. Miles per gallon
    By Tyme2fish in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •